*** Working outside the typical 8AM-5PM business hours may be required***
Reviews, analyzes, and modifies programming systems including encoding, testing, debugging and documenting programs. May require a bachelor's degree. Requires six years or more of experience in the field or in a related area. Familiar with a variety of the field's concepts, practices, and procedures. Relies on experience and judgment to plan and accomplish goals. Performs a variety of complicated tasks.
Minimum of six years of experience as a Senior Mainframe Developer using COBOL, CICS, JCL, DB2, JCL, TSO/ISPF.
Other desirable experience is as follows:
- Demonstrated knowledge of relevant functional business areas of Oregon Self-Sufficiency Program (SSP) and Oregon Aging and People with Disabilities (APD) programs and processes, or similar knowledge from other states.
- Previous experience in state or local Oregon government agencies or for Human Services organizations in other states.
- Demonstrated experience with large-scale complex technical architectures that include interfaces with other large-scale systems.
- Demonstrated knowledge with logging of communication between large-scale systems.
- Demonstrated knowledge in the handshake between interfacing systems to ensure proper reception and synchronization of records; this should specifically include experience developing and testing web services across multiple platforms.
- Demonstrated experience working independently with minimal supervision and direction
- Demonstrated experience developing analysis and design documentation necessary for the construction, testing and implementation of identified tasks to be completed.