Sr. .Net Developer (.Net & SQL) - UIM
This role will be part of the development team for the Unemployment Insurance Modernization (UIM) project Phase 2. All development and work will be executed in accordance with the approved solution architecture and the existing enterprise application UFacts. This role will work and collaborate with the Solution Architect (OIT), other Agencies and Contractors. This position may also transition to Operations and Maintenance of the system once UFacts is live. Responsibilities will include:
- Production support of the UFacts application including debugging issues, and developing mitigations and resolutions through code fixes.
- Production support of the UFacts application related to identification and mitigation of data issues requiring technical intervention.
- Ability to work closely with end users to understand needed corrections and enhancements.
- Analyze application code to identify root causes of issues and defects and create code fixes.
- Analyze data and its flow in the application to identify root causes of issues and defects and create code and/or data fixes.
- Development and maintenance of code to facilitate integration of web applications to backend systems.
- Development and maintenance of code to enable effective identity and authentication and its management.
The candidate should have experience working with:
- Strong experience with Object Oriented Programming concepts and principles with .NET technologies.
- Experience with Database design, data modeling and SQL.
- Working experience with Object Relational Mapping software.
- 5 years of experience in both creating and maintaining complex T-SQL queries, views, and stored procedures in a multi-database environment
- Extensive problem solving and debugging skills
- Developing using the Microsoft data stack
- Experience using source control to manage tasks and maintain developed solutions (MS Visual Studio and TFS) preferred
- Strong Analytical and problem solving skills.
- Ability to debug issues and identify the root cause of a problem.
- Strong understanding of full software development life cycle
- Ability to quickly learn new technologies and apply them to solve business problems
- Demonstrated ability to work under tight timelines and competing priorities
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Knowledge of XML, XSL, XSLT, and XML schemas
- Experience with web services include REST and SOAP
- Experience with Service oriented architecture and microservices
- Experience with continuous integration/continuous deployment practices
This role will be key during the development and implementation of this 20-24 month project. The selected candidate will also need to tag/notate any code and document thoroughly the approach to assist in the ongoing operations and maintenance of the solution after implementation.
The Sr. Developer will use appropriate development tools and approaches and leverage best practices in coding, security and documentation. The role will work directly with agency staff, as well as vendors and, when necessary, other state agencies in fulfilling and carrying out the requirements of assigned IT projects. This work shall be performed in a way aligned with the business needs, contract requirements, end users and with the approved technical architecture.
Extension beyond initial project date is possible depending on Agency needs.