JOB TITLE: Database Administrator
Seeking an experienced Oracle Database Administrator who can support and manage high volume databases. The DBA will assist in the planning, designing, installing, configuring and maintaining several Oracle databases and support the user community in all phases of application development involving PeopleSoft and other applications. The DBA will also do performance tuning, capacity planning, and monitoring of production databases. The DBA will be part of a team that provides on-call support for one or more databases that are available on a 24X7 basis. The DBA typically works on one or more projects of high complexity and acts as the subject matter expert for a project team. The DBA is regarded as the highest-level expert within the areas of work.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Monitor Oracle databases to optimize performance, resource use, and physical implementations of databases; address a variety of database integration issues including migration between disparate databases, integration, maintenance/conversion, capacity planning to support applications.
- Maintain development, test, training and production Oracle Database environments.
- Monitor and maintain security in cooperation with data security administrators.
- Work with application programmers on the effective use of SQL, troubleshooting, exception processing and other data management issues.
- Work on complex tasks, projects, or support issues that involve a high level of risk, that impact performance of PeopleSoft applications, or make use of the individual’s high level of knowledge within one or more areas of specialty.
- Assesses emerging technologies. Evaluate new products or tools for the organization and/or agencies. Assist in or review cost-benefit and risk analysis.
- Design innovative solutions using new technologies. Recommend short- term alternatives when appropriate.
- Troubleshoot existing information systems to identify errors or deficiencies.
- Brainstorm possible solutions and evaluates alternatives against decision criteria.
- Be part of a team sharing the 24 hour on-call support
- Backup and restore databases as required using RMAN and other utilities.
- Provide support to a team during upgrades to PeopleSoft Financials and HCM applications.
- Ability to work well with the team and prioritize team goals over personal goals.
Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited college or university in Computer Science, Information Technology or a related field
MINIMUM JOB REQUIREMENTS:
- 5+ years of DBA experience, of which at least 3 years as Oracle DBA.
- Must have managed Oracle Real Application Clusters (RAC) databases.
- 6+ years of IT experience preferably in a Sun Solaris, x86 Linux environments.
- Experience with Oracle DBMS Releases 11g, and 12c
- Experience in maintaining and developing UNIX Shell Scripts.
- Should have managed large databases (800 GB +)
- Experience with RMAN, Data Pump
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Strong problem-solving skills
EXPERIENCE WITH THE FOLLOWING IS A PLUS:
- Administering Oracle databases supporting PeopleSoft 9.x Financials and HCM applications
- Manage Oracle Exadata appliance
- PeopleSoft Application Upgrades.
- Usage of Control M Scheduling application.
- Data Replication application and tools, such as GoldenGate, Veridata.
- Networking, Security, Firewalls issues
- Oracle’s Transparent Database Encryption and Data masking
- RMAN backups using Commvault backup infrastructure.