This is an application developer position supporting configuration of all aspects of the GenTax® COTS application. This person will perform requirement gathering and analysis, application development for change requests, scripting, software debugging, source control, application testing preparation of implementation specifications and production application support.
Candidate must possess good understanding of different software development methodologies; both traditional and Agile.
Candidates must possess a bachelors degree. Prefer the degree be in the following fields but not required:
- Computer Science
- Computer/Management Information Systems, or
- Knowledge and experience working with software development organizations
- Strong analytical skills
- Working knowledge of Structured Query Language (SQL)
- Experience in MS VB .NET
* US Citizenship or Green Card status is required.
* GenTax® is a registered trademark of Fast Enterprises, LLC.
- DOR will conduct a background check on all candidates considered for the position. Individuals must be compliant with Georgia tax obligations.
- Individuals having any overdue and unpaid taxes or any felony convictions (no matter how long ago) will not be offered the position or hired.
- Anyone who is a resident of Georgia for less than one year may be fingerprinted.
- Candidates must be willing to relocate to Georgia for at least the duration of the contract, if not already a resident of Georgia.