Under general supervision, installs, configures, and supports systems, servers, computers and mobile devices with the ability to document any technical changes. Performs necessary maintenance to support availability, performance, and security.
Primary Duties & Responsibilities:
- Technical writing and documentation
- Comprehensively documents systems, devices, and applications, as assigned.
- Ability to peer review technical documents for grammar, content, and style.
- Maintain records and files on work and revisions.
- Documents proposed changes and backout plans.
- Good organizational and communication skills.
- Ability to work under tight timeframes.
- Designs, configures, and tests computer hardware, and operating system software
- Plan, coordinate, and implement security measures to protect data, software, and hardware.
- Designs new or modifies existing configurations to meet users' needs.
- Ensures that computer operations and equipment follow applicable policies, procedures, and rules.
- Escalates complex computer issues to more senior systems personnel.
- Diagnoses hardware and software problems, replace defective components
- Operate master consoles to monitor the performance of computer systems and to coordinate computer network access and use.
- Responds to the requests from users concerning the identification and resolution of problems.
- Restores service to the user in a timely and efficient manner
- Utilizes diagnostic tools, manufacturer's help lines and other resources as appropriate to solve problems.
- Ensures that all customers' applications continue to work.
- Escalates problems for advanced debugging or resolution
- Analyzes information to determine nature and extent of customer requirement.
- Presents most effective and feasible business area solution by recommending computer package software or modification to existing software.
- Prepares logical operational workflow in a clear and precise manner.
- Creates forms, reports or import specification to meet business needs.
- Evaluates new technologies or solutions to improve service and efficiency of systems
- Develops necessary reports in a timely manner and in the format requested.
- Produces reports which appropriately reflect both raw data and graphical representations.
- Obtains feedback from management regarding effectiveness and functionality.
- Provides any necessary back-up information and/or documentation.
- Operates consoles to monitor performance of the computer systems and to coordinate computer network access and use
- Design, configure, and test computer hardware, and operating system software.
- Recommend changes to improve systems configurations and determine hardware or software requirements related to such changes.
- Limits user access to specific areas per user roles and business needs.
- Plans, coordinates, and implements network security measures to protect data, software, and hardware
- Sets up accounts for new employees and closes accounts when no longer necessary.
- Collaborates with the agency’s Security staff to enforce, implement, and review system security compliance of services and/or users.
- Limits user access to specific areas per user needs.
- Prepares user instructions and documentation for the installation and operation of software and software upgrades
- Announce training activity for selected time and location based on the needs of the user. Insures training facility has adequate computers, terminals and training material for users.
- Selects and obtains training presentation material to include videos, handouts, manuals, software, documentation, etc. as necessary. Presents information in a timely manner easily understood by both experienced and inexperienced users.
- Provides clear and informative responses to any questions asked during training and researches questions that cannot be answered during training.
- Conducts one-on-one training sessions as needed.
- Bachelor's degree in a related field from an accredited college or university AND One year of related experience OR Associate's degree in a related field from an accredited college or university AND Three years of related experience OR Five years of related experience OR One year of experience at the lower level Systems Administrator 1 (ITP040) or position equivalent.
- Microsoft Certifications: MCSA: Windows Server 2012
- Bachelor’s degree in a related field from an accredited college or university
- Microsoft Certifications: MCSE: Cloud Platform and Infrastructure
- Cisco Certification: CCNA and/or CCNP Routing and Switching,
- Certified Information Systems Security Professional (CISSP)
- VMware VCP
- ITIL v3 Certifications: Foundation
- Five years of problem solving, presenting technical information, process improvement, software maintenance, software testing, network design and implementation, load balancing and scalability,
- Working knowledge of Anti-Malware, Content Management, DNS, MDM, VoIP and Unified Communication System.
NOTE: The above job description represents the general nature, primary duties and responsibilities, and qualifications for the work performed by the contractor within this contract but is not a comprehensive and exhaustive list. Contractors may be required to perform other duties as assigned, and specific duties, responsibilities, and activities within the core nature of the job may change at any time with or without notice. Contractors must be able to perform the essential functions of the job, as specified by the Department of Banking and Finance, with or without reasonable accommodation.